Wednesday, December 28, 2011

So, here's part 2 of "Adventures in Chainmailing" (Part 1 below)

We're on project 3.  By this point, I've put in an order for more rings of varying size and color, but all I have available are the first ones I picked up at Michaels, which are only 3 base colors and very small sizes. The size is especially frustrating, as it limits me from being able to try other patterns (and believe me, I tried!)

To feel productive, I go back to Project 2, but vary up the colors:






...which I'm pleased with, despite having to repeat a project already. 

I then decided to try and create a spiral bracelet.  Due to the size of the rings, I'm limited to about 7 links in before it's too packed to continue.  On the plus side, it makes a nice pair of earrings :)



And last, but not least, I played around with the only other weave I seemed able to put together with my limited stock (my ring order has shipped at this point at least!), an English 4-in-1 I believe?  Bracelet's not too bad, just a bit delicate for my tastes:



So that's all I have right now.  But I'd say not bad for a weeks worth of work (and a non-chaining holiday weekend included in there).  I'll post more as I create it.  Which will be when my new rings get here...

No comments:

Post a Comment